The authorities of Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Ile-Ife has released information on Post UTME and Admission Screening exercise for 2019/2020 session.
In the release, they stated that registrations for the Post UTME will commence on July 19th, 2019.
“Candidates who made the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife their first choice in the 2019 UTME and scored 200 and above, and those who applied for Direct Entry (DE) are hereby informed that the admissions portal, admissions.oauife.edu.ng or the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife website (www.oauife.edu.ng) will become available for registration for the POST-UTME screening exercise effective from 19th July, 2019.”
OAU Post UTME 2019/2020 Eligibility
This is to inform candidates who made the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Ile-Ife their First Choice Institution in the 2019/2020 UTME and scored 200 and above that applications have begun for the Obafemi Awolowo University Post UTME & Admission Screening Exercise 2019/2020.
In a nutshell, to be eligible for the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Post UTME 2019/2020, you must have:
- Made Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU your first choice institution in the 2019 UTME
- Scored at least 200 in the 2019 UTME
- Possess at least five (5) credit “O” level passes including English Language at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates who do not participate in the Post UTME screening will not be considered for admission.
- OAU will not consider candidates with outstanding “Awaiting Results” at the end of the Post UTME Screening Exercise.
OAU Post UTME Application & Payment Procedure
1. The candidates are required to visit admissions.oauife.edu.ng directly and login with their JAMB Registration Number to download RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) and use it to make payments online or at any commercial bank.
Note: – Candidates are advised to exercise patience when paying via MasterCard/ATM/Internet Banking/Mobile Wallet Payment so as to avoid multiple deductions or over-payment on your account.
2. Applicants for the Screening Exercise will be required to do the following on the University Admissions Website after paying appropriate fees:
- Update JAMB data
- Upload Results (i.e. WAEC, NECO, JUPEB, ND, NCE etc.)
- Upload scanned copy of credentials
- Upload passport photograph (if not available)
- Print completed Admission Screening form
Applicants that provide false information, or upload incorrect credentials will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates will also be required to participate in the Post-UTME screening on their allotted date and time.
Applicants should note that the screening fee is N2,000. They will however be required to pay appropriate bank charges
DE Students should ensure that their transcript is forwarded by the Awarding Institution to the Admission Office, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife for DE Admission processing. The facility for DE candidates will be available as from Thursday 15th August, 2019. After Registration, DE Students should ensure that their transcript is forwarded by the Awarding Institution to the Admission Office, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife for DE Admission processing.
OAU Post UTME Computer-Based Aptitude Test
Candidates will also be required to participate in the OAU Post UTME Aptitude Test on their allotted date and time on their printed Registration Slip. Also note that, all candidates should bring along the following items to the screening venue:
- JAMB UTME Notification of Results/Registration slips; and
- Printed copy of the completed OAU Post-UTME Online Registration Slip.
The Computer-Based Aptitude Test would be inclusive of Candidate’s UTME Subjects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about OAU Post UTME
Q: When Will The Application For Post UTME Be Out?
A: The dates will be announced on the University website. Please do not patronize touts.
Q: How Do I Change My Institution/Course?
A: JAMB handles this. Please visit the website of JAMB for further details.
Q: I Scored Less Than 200 In JAMB; Can I Apply Since National Cut-Off Is 120?
A: OAU Ile-Ife cut-off mark remains 200
Q: Will The Post UTME Exam Be Based On The Subjects We Did In Our Jamb Exam Or Not?
A: The Aptitude test will include, but is not limited to the UTME subjects.
Q: What Kind of Credentials Exactly are we to Have?
A: O’ Level
Q: Please In Order to Prepare for the Post UTME Screening, Which Subject Should I be Studying as a Direct Entry Candidate?
A: Direct Entry students won’t write the CBT Exam, however they will screened online.
Q: Are we to forward our Transcript to the Registrar of the institution?
Q: Will JUPEB Students Participate In The Post UTME Screening Exercise?
A: They are exempted from it.
Q: Will There Be CBT Exams For Direct Entry Candidates?
Q: Is an Awaiting Result Candidate Eligible For the Post UTME Screening Exercise?
A: Yes, but such candidates are expected to update their results before registration closes.