If you schooled in Obafemi Awolowo University OAU, you must have heard any of this Slangs.
1. Ogba Femi (Femi’s Compound) – OAU Campus.
2. Dobale (Prostrate) – A tradition that
every artist must fulfil before
performing on OAU Campus.
3. Risky Burger – Fried egg and Bread meal usually sold at night.
4. Academics – Lecture areas
5. Scabbash – To pray in Tongues at Sports Complex.
6. Prayo / Spirikoko – An extremely religious person.
7. Anglomoz – Love garden between two
freshmen hostels (Angola and Mozambique hall).
8. Blocking – The sight of a boy and girl
9. Aiye o po (Inadequate space) – Time is valuable and scarce.
10. Aro – An annoying tease mostly done by occupants of Awolowo Hall.
11. Mi ole wa ku, Alaye longba BSc. (I can’t kill myself, only the living receives a Bsc Certificate) – Used after a frustrated effort in understanding a course after several hours of reading.
12. Forks (F and F) – A popular restaurant in school called forks and fingers located around the students’ union building.
13. Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta (As the Struggle continues, Victory is Certain) – Used by Students’ Union Officers after addressing students.
14. Ogun Malaria (Malaria drugs) – Any drug at all given by Health Center Pharmacists.
15. Omo Awo – Guys who tease for fun.
16. Faa aluta – To cause pandemonium that would result in school closure or strike.
17. Town Gboro – Commuter bus conveying students from campus to off-campus environs.
18. Iwe – An highly intelligent person.
19. Brother, Sister Wa o – Welcome tease address for a male in a female hostel
20. Sister, Brother Wa o – Welcome Tease address for a female in a make hostel.
21. Mr Moz – Frequent male visitor in
22. Moz101 – Act of wooing fresh female
students residing at Mozambique hall.
23. Maa goo – Be smart.
24. Won get mi – To fail a course.
25. Mo Ti Cast – To be exposed.
26. Gay Party – Party or Social Gathering with guys mostly present which is seen most times in Faculty of Technology.
27. Igi iwe, Eso odo – One who reads
excessively but fails always 😂😂
28. Jacking – Act of reading.
29. Jacko / Jackobian – One
who reads a lot.
30. Baba na u o – Sarcastic/Ironic appraisal.
31. OAU Choristers – Law students.
32. All the best – Ironic Sarcasm.
33. Fresher – Newly admitted student.
34. Town – Off-campus areas.
35. Scientific Maximum Shishi (SMS) – Punishment meted on offenders especially thieves by students.
36. Floor O – School’s detention room.
37. Porter – Hall Warden and Security men.
38. Jo o – An excuse or a sarcastic plea.
39. Laana – to fail a course woefully
40. Department of EFCC – Faculty of science (Named after the grades they give mostly: E F and C).
41. White House – Department of Chemistry & Physics.
42.Yellow house – Department of
43. Omo mi (my child)– an acquaintance
44. Ose Igberaga (Period of pride) – Period when students still have much money on them, mostly during resumption.
45. Ife gbeyin – Period when money and students’ foodstuffs are finished, mostly during exam period.
46. Quarters – Staff areas
47. Omi Omole – Tap water in hall of residences.
48. Road 1 – Main road leading to the entrance of OAU campus.
49. Iwe factorial – Brilliant student
50. Spagewa – A meal of spaghetti and
51. Concoction – a hurriedly
prepared jollof rice lacking necessary ingredients.
52. No animal – meal without fish or meat.
53. Alaaro – One who incessantly does Aro.
54. Kawe ju (over read) – hyping
an unserious person.
55. Omo labi, iwe lari (We gave birth to a
child, but we saw a book) – Slang for an extremely brilliant student who reads too much.
56. Docki – Medical student.
57. Orijo – Material for cheating.
58. Won get mi (They got me) – To
fail a course.
59. Omo wa ni (our child) – A popular figure.
60. Hall – Student hostels.
61. Death center – School clinic.
62. Maintenance – Female student hostel located close to the gate.
63. Kooro – Hidden or secluded places.
64. What’s the 411 – What’s the Plan, Used by the lady involved in the sex-for-mark scandal.
65. Ekaro, se ma foosho (good
morning, will you wash clothes?) – Dry cleaners cry to show they’re around.
66. E-problem – Schools Eportal.
67. Omisore Oke, Eeyan wan salee oo (Omisore upstairs; Someone is downstairs o) – Usually said in Awo blocks to warn someone pouring water from upstairs that someone is downstairs.
69. Ajose parole – Night time out.
70. Indo Spag – Meal of spaghetti and
71. Oga – Male fellowship executive.
72. Mummy/Mama – Female fellowship executive.
73. Exco – Executive.
74. Parade – Take an offender round the
school as punishment for offence.
75. As e dey hot – Puff-puff & Risky seller located opposite alumni hall.
76. La cram, La pour, La pass, La graduate. – Slang used after a frustrated effort of trying to understand a course.
77. Efficiency – Someone who is too
unnecessarily involved in something
79. Corner – One’s portion of hostel room
80. Ise to ta lenu (peppery work) – Job well done
Don’t spoil the fun!!!
Add Yours in the Comment Box Below👇👇